Thursday, May 18, 2006

Institute evaluation

Someone asked me about this.... so here is some more info on institutes....

Little about the design institutes

IDC – Best among all, can be compared to NID. One of the selling propositions of this is PD and VC study together and have very well equipped labs to try out most of things. Good faculty better get in soon to catch the sr. faculty for their inputs.
IDDC – Second best, good infrastructure blessed as 2nd design school in IITs.
CPDM – Descent, has more stress on functionality and working models. Job market for this after few yrs of experience is quite comparable with IDC.
IIT Kanpur – I do not have much data about this.

Just to complete the list I would not mind adding NID to this as they too have been doing great work and my personal opinion would be if you get into IDC fine or else try NID before anything else, but this is my personal opinion.

NOTE – Nid runs it’s own design test. I do not have much data about it..


have fun....

No comments: